Discuss new Features here

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Hey all,

Do you miss a feature? Just write it down here!

We are thinking already about the following Features:

• Access the Phone File System / Registry from the Desktop app (allow upload/download from desktop)
  • Localize and restyle the Desktop application (Designer anyone?)
  • Using the Wlan connection

I'm also curious if Advanced Explorer should stay in the roots or should we add features like

• Send Sms

Hoping for a good discussion... Lets go!

May 22, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Hi reddragon,

thanks for thhis great tool.

I think, there is a few bugs to take care of before you go any further, there is big issue with the renaming of  files

the OK button is too small, the other thing is the sending files to the devise, if the file is too big in size, it is impossible to do it,

I have used zune, I renamed the file extension to mp4 and this way sent the bigger file to the device, I am talking about 10MB file.

Would be good idea to be able to fool zune when you copy movies or music across, with the tool, zune doesn't recognise new files

It would be great if we could explore the phone from PC and perhaps in the future be able to sync with outlook, and have a calendar

which is independent from windows live so you can have your own appointments without sharing them with the world.

It would be nice to be able to access the phone registry from PC.

Jun 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I have a samsung focus, if there is any way in which i can contribute, so that there is a way your app could edit/delete "protected files" from samsung devices, let me know, I would really like to help.

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Hey,

to be honest with you all. This project is more or less discontinued.

I started this project because there were some things you couldn't do (manage your pdf files for example). The other reason was to give the developers community (homebrew community) a unified library to create cross platform tool although most hacks are device specific!

Now it seems like neither of those reasons is still reasonable enough to continue the project:
- You can manage your files pretty nicely with any dropbox app.
- This project is not used by any developer nor is there any contribution from developers with other devices (i only have a htc hd7 device)

Maybe this will change with "Chevron Labs", because more developers will go in the homebrew section, but i don't think so.

reddragon